ACE Reporter Information
ACE Reporter is a native VCL component for
Delphi that allows you to easily create complex banded reports that are linked directly
into your EXEs. You do your designing right inside Delphi, just like the rest of your
application. There are no messy run-times to deliver, or slow external programs that need
to load to run a report.
ACE Reporter Professional includes a wealth of features that
let you build intricate reports that are next to impossible in external report programs.
Since ACE is actually part of your program, you can link your own event code into the
report to execute custom logic when needed. Here are some of the features that ACE
Reporter Professional offers you:
- Unlimited levels of SubData bands make Master-Detail reports a
- Our unique SmartTotals feature makes multiple levels of
subtotals easy to use, and helps prevent errors.
- Instant Previewing lets you view the report while it is still
- Previewed reports can be saved to disk for later viewing or
- Previews can be modal or non-modal, allowing you control as a
developer to give the user the amount of flexibility or restriction that is needed.
- You can create your own custom preview forms to add or remove
features in the built-in previewer. For example, when printing checks or invoices, you may
want to have greater control over the available features on the preview screen.
- The built-in previewer has a split screen capability to allow
you to view two areas of the same report, or two different reports side-by-side.
- TwoPass capability lets you display Page X of Y, or do complex
- Checkbox Label is great for displaying boolean values.
- Full justification of memo text is supported, and memos can
span multiple pages.
- ReserveSpace property lets you control widows and orphans in
- Overlay bands allow you to simulate forms, or print watermarks
on your report.
- OnDataStart and OnDataSkip events let you override the
standard skipping logic to control the database traversal, or even print reports from
sources other than databases.
- Expression variables let you use all the power of Delphi to
calculate values that will display on the report.
- SubBands allow you to logically break one band up into
sections that print independently. This is useful if one section needs to stretch to
accommodate memos or graphics. It also allows you to selectively suppress different
sections based on the data.
- The CustomLabel component gives you an OnDraw event to do
custom printing to the canvas.
- The design-time preview lets you quickly verify your report
layout to screen or to printer without recompiling your application.
- The FAST button brings up a dialog that lets you quickly
populate your report with text and data labels using drag and drop simplicity.
- The Band Manager lets you easily add delete and organize the
order of bands and groups in your report.
- Min/Max button lets you minimize the report to work on other
areas of your form.
- CODE39 and CODE 25 format barcodes can be printed on the
- The 32 bit versions support printing of RichText memos in your
- The new Diagnostic Report is like having your own tech support
person on staff. It analyzes your report components and identifies many common
mistakes for properties that appear to be set incorrectly.
- The Overview Report is documentation of your report
design. It prints most of the common properties of your report components and labels
in an organized format for use as documentation or for desk-checking your report layout.
- The new alignment palette lets you align labels across bands
where Delphi's built-in alignment tool does not work.
Copyright 1995-1997 SCT